Monday, January 7, 2008

Off to see the Dr.

Today both kids went for their check ups. I was really glad to have Phil with me, since I am still adjusting to handling both kids on my own. We really need a double stroller very soon (have to strap the boy in or he is running wild). Jackson is doing well, he is average in all the categories of growth, but Dr. Fan kept commenting on how smart he is and how advanced his verbal skills are. We are really proud of him. Now baby dear, she is a fatty! She is in the 90th percentile in height, weight, and head growth. Little girl weighed in at 11lbs 13 ozs. Pretty chunky for only 2 months. Dr. Fan told us to really watch out since she feels she will be rolling over pretty early for her age since her head control is pretty good. Good thing she is looking to be strong and tough, she will need to be to defend herself against her big brother.

Jackson only had to have an eye test and hearing test, and despite our worry of hearing problems, it seems it's not that he doesn't hear us but that he isn't listening to us. Adeline on the other hand was not so fortunate and had to have three shots. Not fun for mom who had to hold her for them. She has been pretty miserable all day and sleepy. I hate when they cry in pain like that!

So Phil's last day of paternity leave is Tuesday. It has been a great two months and I am a little scared to be on my own with both kids. Baby doesn't worry me but Jackson and baby are a little frightening. We are still getting ready for Jackson's Birthday party at The Children's Museum of Art in two weeks. It is amazing all the planning that goes into it, right down to the goody bags you give the kids. Jackson is really excited about the sticky plastic lizards we got for his goody bags.

After doing my first blog entry, I am really excited about this. It is really easy and seems like a great way for grandparents and friends to keep up to date on things. Only thing is I have to be fast, since I get distracted by ALL the stuff I need to do. If it is not a kid peeing and pooping every where, it is a baby that needs something. I seem to never be completely on top of things and my To Do List never gets any shorter.

Love to All
Desiree

No comments: