Sunday, January 13, 2008

Jedi Jackson



Yes...


For those of you who know me well, you will not be surprised that Jackson is a HUGE Star Wars Fan.


To give a little background...I was 3 years old in 1977 when the original film came out and my parents took me...I was awstruck (heck, adults were awestruck, why wouldn't a 3 1/2 year old be too!) I had everything Star Wars for years...my bedspread in my room, my freakin curtains were splashed with Luke and Leia, Han and Chewie...had all the toys...you get the picture.


Well...Mr. Jackson has now been bitten by the bug just like the old man. He picks up anything with any length to it...a pencil, a marker, a stick, the broom...whatever...and calls it a "light saver" For Halloween he was Master Yoda. He can explain the whole Skywalker Family tree (i.e. Anakin = Darth Vader= Luke's Daddy). Although he keeps forgetting Leia's name and refers to her only as "Solo's woman." Hilarious.


The other morning he came up to me as I was making him breakfast and in a very serious tone explained to me that "Daddy, I know the power of the Dark Side." I gave him a long look and told him, "I know you do you, son."


Here is a picture of Jackson in his Yoda outfit. Enjoy


Phil

1 comment:

BdJ said...

I can personally attest to the Star Wars room. I still marvel at the sheer volume of Star Wars stuff that was crammed into that room. Curtains, pillows, sheets, action figures, the works. Plus, the sign of the only child: you had jumbo-sized Star Wars figures, and we only had the little ones. May the force be with young Jackson!